Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Another Nice Day--A walk in the Yard

Sunday was another beautiful day with highs near 60 degrees. L came home (stayed until Tuesday--had to work on Wednesday). She and I and the dogs went for a walk to check the ponds for ice.
Our pond in the woods still had ice on it.
The pond below Daddy's house was just water, but the levels were up from all the rain we got in January.
Doobie, Snoopy, and Metu checked out the ponds with us.
In a tree along the property line by the melted pond, we saw this pair of Pileated Woodpecker holes.

Later Sunday evening, I went to Sonic to get Mr. M a burger. A funeral procession was headed out toward our road (there's a cemetery about half way down the road), so I decided to take a detour to Lake Westmoreland (a large water department pond with many geese and ducks). A flock of Canada Geese flew up as I approached. I saw mostly the Canada Geese and Muscovy ducks. I took Mr. M his burger and went home. The kids had gone to a Super Bowl Party and M and I had pizza without them.

No comments:

Spelling Bee
difficulty level:
score: -
please wait...
 
spell the word: